Full-Stack vs Mean Stack – Which is best?
Web development is evolving day by day, there are advanced languages and technologies, frameworks that have come into existence. The two most popular are full stack and MEAN stack. Before know about the full stack and MEAN stack everyone has to understand what is a stack?
A stack is nothing but a data structure used to store a collection of technologies, programming languages, and software products. In other ways, individual items can be added and stored in a stack using a push operation. Stacks have several applications in computer programming. These stack functions are really helpful to define and understand about full stack and MEAN stack.
I think you've probably read somewhere on a company hiring a MEAN stack developer or a full stack developer right. If you want to wander about the full stack and MEAN stack development. Yes, this is the right place to continue your reading to read this blog to know more about full-stack and MEAN stack development.
Does this blog also define the details of what is the difference between a MEAN stack developer and a full stack developer? What do full-stack and MEAN stack mean? What are the different skills are needed, and what are the salaries of full-stack and MEAN stack developers?
I'll be answering all those questions today and hopefully clear any doubts you've had about full-stack vs MEAN stack.
Before that, there are two major components of web development.
- Frontend Development
- Backend Development
The second component is the backend. Backend development is everything that the server does. That means everything that the user doesn't see and doesn't need to know how it's done and working. Backend development includes all the logical processes and working functionalities. Backend stored and retrieve data and calculates results.
Finally these two front and backend development processes, components are entirely different in that they require various tools and techniques to work and execute properly. For example, there are different programming languages for the backend and different database systems to store data in the current situation. These tools and functional techniques are the difference between full-stack developers and mean developers. Let's go and get into more details about the full stack vs MEAN stack.
What does full-stack mean?
A full-stack developer is a web developer or engineer who works with both the front and back ends of a website or application development process. They can tackle projects that involving and handling of databases, building user-facing websites, or even work with clients during the planning phase of projects to complete the project on time.
Do you still want to know about the full stack developer? Well, I share some of the skills needed for someone to be considered a full stack developer:
- Specialization in one higher level particular back end programming languages like Ruby, PHP, or Python.
- Project Management, Visual Design, Project Design, UI/UX are not mandatory, else it's optional.
A lot of employers are looking for developers to hire who can handle how to work in the front end and even the back end of a website or application development process. That is the meaning of full-stack development. And these full-stack developers are working on a different designation in the company. And most importantly, there are plenty of job offerings for the full stack developer in the app and website development market. Here explain more about the full stack developer skills, responsibilities, requirements, and salaries, etc…These points will surely satisfy your all doubt regarding full-stack developers.
Full Stack Developer Skills, Responsibilities, Requirements, and Salaries
Companies are looking for a highly skilled person who is strong in computer programmers and comfortable in both front end and back end programming in website and application development. Full-stack developers are responsible for seeing out a project from the start to end phase of development. That means full-stack developers should attention to detail, and to have excellent organizational skills is essential. I hope these examples are really helpful for your hiring process for better candidate selection.
Full Stack Developer Responsibilities:
- Developing front end website and application architecture.
- Design and development of user interactions on web pages.
- Developing back end website and applications.
- Creating servers and databases for functionality.
- Cross-platform optimization for mobile phones.
- Ensuring responsiveness of website and applications.
- Working with graphic designers for better web design features.
- Designing and developing a website and mobile app APIs.
- Meeting and satisfy both technical and consumer needs.
Full Stack Developer Requirements:
- The applicant has a gradation in Computer Science.
- The candidate has strong organizational and project management skills for development and maintenance.
- Strong knowledge of server-side languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, PHP, and .Net.
- Handling of database technology such as MySQL, Oracle, and MongoDB.
- The candidate has excellent verbal communication skills. Good problem-solving skills.
Full Stack Developers Salaries:
The average salary of a full-stack developer is $82,600 in the USA. Full Stack developer's entry-level salary is $58,000, while the Middle is $95,000, and the senior is $116,000.
MEAN Stack Developer
What is a mean stack?
A MEAN stack developer has a strong knowledge in some particular programming and technologies like MongoDB, Expressjs, AngularJs, NodeJS. In simple words, MEAN stack developers are like JS-based application design and developers. MEAN stack developers mainly use JS-based languages and advanced technologies for their design and develop their projects.
MEAN Stack is a set of programming and technologies that you can use to make a full-stack application.
- M stands for MongoDB that means No SQL database
- E stands for Express, it's a framework on top of Node
- A stands for Angular, it's a front end framework
- N stands for Node and it is a backend framework
Advantages of MEAN stack development are:
- Highly Flexible for development.
- Cost-Effective and cost-friendly to business.
- Open Source. All technologies that make use of MEAN are open-source and freely available for use for everyone to make their project.
- We can easily switch between client and server.
- Exemplary for real-time web applications.
- Time-Saving for developers to complete the project.
- MEAN stack development is its scalability and
- A good and well-versed MEAN stack developer is required to have extensive JS knowledge.
The main functions of the MEAN stack technologies are:
- Angular JS: By using angular JS, accept user requests and display results to end-user
- Node JS: Node JS, handle Client and Server Requests
- Express JS: Express JS is used to make requests to Database and return a response
- Mongo DB: Database store and retrieve data.
To make clear, a MEAN Stack Developer is a developer who only uses a certain stack of technologies to create a Full Stack Application. More and more companies choose MEAN Stack Developers as their preferred and best choice of hiring a developer because they can make a full-stack application and often MEAN stack developer's average salary is lower than and also equal that of a full stack developer.
MEAN Stack Developer Responsibilities, Requirements, and Salaries
A MEAN stack developer job responsibility is less and equal to the Full Stack Developer one. MEAN stack developers will be required to build the frontend and backend system works, develop new modules and features for the projects, perform unit testing, coordinate with the web and app development team on API integrations, and follow a particular methodology like Agile.
Here I share real-life MEAN Stack Developer examples in the form of job postings:
MEAN Stack Developers Responsibilities:
- Hands-on Experience on the following programming and latest technologies are managed Node js, Mongo DB, Angular js and Express js
- MEAN stack developer should know the architect, develop, test, and deploy robust products and services that are fast, scalable, and highly responsive for clients.
- Design and maintain large and complex databases, and also handling of both relational and non-relational databases
- Establish and integrate development environment tools and software as needed based on the technologies working on.
- Should know the process of deploy applications on AWS cloud with the ability to quickly debug hosting-related issues to clear all the bugs.
MEAN Stack Developers Required skills:
- Ability to work and contribute efforts individually
- Expertise in Complete JS languages as we mentioned above
- And also expertise in PHP, jQuery, MySQL, Symfony, OOPS is optional.
- Experience and maintenance in server management and AWS knowledge are highly mandatory.
- Ability to manage and guide to lead a team of developers.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to maintain projects effectively.
- Qualifications B-Tech, M-Tech, MCA from reputed Colleges
- Additional skills of commitment to work and good in research to adopt the latest emerging trends and technologies.
MEAN Stack Developers Salary:
Finally, as you all expected is the average salary of the MEAN stack developer in the USA is $71,628. The initial-level salary is $50,000, while the Middle-level employee salary is $70,000, and the senior level category salary is $100,000.
I hope we clarified the maximum details about the full stack and MEAN stack. Both of these fields are very interesting to work and develop, maintain, etc. In the end, it depends on your capability and interest upon your career preference which one you choose.
If you are interested to learn more about the latest technologies and real-time projects working and developing, kindly check out our other latest blogs and everything is all about technologies. If any business person wants to hire a full-stack or MEAN stack developer means MAB Technologies, New York offering web and mobile app development services in New York, USA at a competitive cost. Hire our full-stack, MEAN stack and developers or any field of developers at the lowest prices.